The Soap Company of Nova Scotia - Choice Laundry Powder
FOR BULK - enter quantity in multiples of 100g (ex: 100g x 10 = 1kg) Note: bulk is currently available for Lavender, Be Mine and Acadian Forest scents.
Unscented is not available in bulk. Choose 1.05kg for unscented.
Here's the scoop: Our customers tell us one tablespoon will do a load of diapers, hockey clothes or mechanic's clothes . . . that’s a lot of dirty, stinky, greasy cleaning with meaning that's 100% guaranteed! Plus, our customers also tell us they no longer need dryer sheets or fabric softener, and that their clothes come in soft when hung to dry, even outside in winter! And to top it all off, ChoiceTM Laundry Powder works in all kinds of machines (high efficiency or regular, top or front load), all hardnesses of water, and all temperatures . . . plus, it doesn't fade out darks and colours and rinses out streak-free. ll this efficiency and money-saving just makes us so content :-)
Features & uses: Essential-oil scented, gluten-free, vegan, for all skin types, unisex, for all ages, for cloth diapers
Ingredients: Washing soda, borax, vegetable shortening (soybean oil, palm oil [sustainably harvested]), coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, water, sodium hydroxide (lye), essential oils
Instructions: So, how much should you use? Anywhere from one teaspoon to two tablespoons, depending on load size and grime . . . one tablespoon, however, will do most loads :-)
- Regular washer: Sprinkle powder into drum whenever you prefer
- High efficiency washer options:
- Sprinkle on clothes in drum OR
- Put dry into tray OR
- Mix with water and pour into tray . . . up to you :-)
- Stain removal: Make paste of small amount of powder and water. Wet fabric and rub paste into stain. Allow fabric to sit for a few hours or until stain is gone (roll up so it will stay wet). Launder as usual. For extra-heavy stain removal (e.g., cuffs/collars) pre-scrub with our ChoiceTM Sea Water 2-in-1 bar (for laundry and dishes).
- Hand wash: Mix small amount of powder with water, submerge article completely. Let soak, rinse well and dry as directed. Slow laundry at its best!
Our product-testing promise: We promise that all of our products are tested in-house on ourselves, and by family members and friends. We do not conduct tests on animals, even pet shampoo, which is tested on ourselves before using it on any pet.
Yields (depending on load size and level of grime) & Packaging:
- 100 gram - 7 to 21 loads (Kraft barrier bag)
- 350 gram - 25 to 75 loads (Kraft barrier bag)
- 1.05 kg - 75 to 225 loads (Kraft barrier bag)
- bulk - buy as much or as little as you want (paper bag or bring your own container)
- Unscented (a truly unscented product that many folks with chemical sensitivities are using successfully)
- Citrus (a refreshing essential oil blend of lemon and orange)
- Acadian Forest (a woodsy essential oil blend of balsam, cedarwood, pine and birch)
- Lavender (a calming lavender essential oil)
- Be Mine (an exotic essential oil blend of patchouli, bergamot, geranium and orange)