The Soap Company of Nova Scotia - Sea Water 3-in-1 ~ Soap, Shave, Shampoo
These 3-in-1 bars are made with salt water straight from the Atlantic Ocean! It's quite literally made for head to toe, as its rich lather is terrific for shampoo, shave and soap, plus it is gluten-free and vegan! We've got you covered from top to toe with this product.
Lather up to leave hair feeling squeaky clean, shave smooth without drying skin, and soothe your skin with the rich lather all over. Plus, most hair types don't need any conditioner, either. :-)
Features & uses: Unscented, gluten-free, vegan, for all skin types, for home & travel, unisex, for all ages, 3-in-1 (shampoo, shave & soap)
- Shampoo (Option 1): Thoroughly wet hair, rub bar onto wet hair to work up a lather, shampoo as usual, rinse thoroughly.
- Shampoo (Option 2): Thoroughly wet hair, work up a lather with your hands, then work the lather into your hair, shampoo as usual, rinse thoroughly.
- Shampoo tip: Comb hair while in the shower to eliminate tangles that may have formed during shampooing.
- Shave (Option 1): Wet the bar and lather up with your shaving brush.
- Shave (Option 2): Work up a lather with your hands directly onto the area to be shaved.
- Shave tip: If you use a shaving mug please pour any excess water off after shaving. That will help the bar dry out. You can also cut the bar to fit into the mug.
Ingredients (plain language): Sea water, extra virgin olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil, sodium hydroxide (lye - see note below), jojoba oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil
Ingredients (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients terminology): Aqua, aqua, ricinus communis seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, sodium hydroxide, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, butyrospermum parkii, prunus dulcis oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil, salt
Hand-cut bar sizes: Full bar (approximately 110 grams). Please note, moisture evaporates from the bars as they cure, so weight varies depending on the age of the bar.
Best value hints:
- This bar is cured to last. That said, allow it to dry between uses and it will last the longest possible.
- Cut full-sized bars into smaller pieces to use at more than one location or to keep for later.
- Store spare bars in a dry place away from direct sunlight and heaters (avoid airtight containers and plastic bags).
- Please avoid eyes.
- Do not eat this product.
- When travelling wrap the bar in a facecloth, never in a plastic bag. The cloth will allow the bar to breathe and dry out while protecting your other items from the soap.
Our product-testing promise: We promise that all of our products are tested in-house on ourselves, and by family members and friends. We do not conduct tests on animals, even pet shampoo, which is tested on ourselves before using it on any pet.
Our promise to you is that, with one exception, we will only use 100% natural ingredients in our products. What's the exception? Lye, or sodium hydroxide. Bottom line, without lye there cannot be soap, it's really that simple. It is possible to make a natural lye (e.g., from wood ash), though it is really difficult to get consistent results, which is crucially important for safe end products. Please read on for a more fulsome explanation :-)
We make all of our bars using traditional methods of combining oils and water, which is a wonderful combination of science and art. Now, as you can imagine, oil and water will not combine, no matter how hard you shake them together. Instead, a chemical reaction is required to make oil and water become an entirely new substance, soap! That chemical reaction is caused by adding lye (sodium hydroxide) to the water, then adding that solution to the melted oils.
It is really important to make sure that for every lye solution molecule there is at least one oil molecule, which results in a very well balanced and soothing soap. Every single one of our bars meets or exceeds that criteria. That is our promise to you!